The Fire Phone hasn’t been out very long. For most it’s something they’ve seen adorable ads featuring power-children doing all sorts of things on. Investing, shopping, watching movies, playing games. Either way, like any decent device it’s already seeing updates to get the most of it.The new OS update adds quite a few new features to the Android-based device, along with some improvements for battery life and more.
Here’s the change log for the update, which brings the Fire OS version number to 3.5.1 (111009920):
- Quick Switch – With a double-press on the home button, Quick Switch allows you to easily alternate between or shut down running apps and tasks.
- App Grid Collections – Create folders of apps or content right on the app grid.
- Carousel Pinning – Pin your favorite apps to the front of the home carousel. .
- 11 Frame Lenticular Photos – Create Lenticular photos using 11 still images instead of 3.
- Enhanced Carousel E-mail – Delete e-mails directly from the home screen.
- Improved Video Sharing – Share high-resolution videos via MMS or e-mail.
- Improved Battery Life – Dozens of system updates for enhanced battery performance.
- Amazon’s support page has links to teach users how to access the new features in this Fire OS update.
Any of my readers actually have one of these? If so, has the upgrade significantly enhanced usage and the experience? My impression of the phone based on the walk-through videos was decent but many of these upgrades seem rudimentary. Let me know!